Software and Web Localization
Knowledge and experience
Localization is the process of adapting software to the cultural characteristics of the targeted locale(s). Our localization teams have the linguistic and programming knowledge necessary to develop a complete localization solution that includes all the languages, services, and level of guidance you need to deploy your product(s) worldwide. We handle many different software-specific file formats, including executable programs, resource files, and XML-based files. We work in all major languages of trade, including European, Asian, African, Middle Eastern and American.
All software localization team members have been trained in the ISO 9001-compliant quality system and follow our Quality Manual, Standard Operating Procedures, and Work Instructions in the performance of project-related activities.
- Analyzing source files
- Quote preparation, review and approval
- Preparing files for translation
- Selection or creation of Translation Memory
- Glossary development and approval
- Project planning and team selection
- Localization Kit development
- Translation of components containing text, such as resource files, bitmaps, icons, and screen.
- Resizing and adjusting dialog boxes.
- Adapting hot keys, menu options tool-tips, tab order, buttons, sorting list boxes.
- Editing translations and preparing text files for client review (if requested).
- Updating TMs and glossaries with new or modified tanslations.
- Recompiling Online Help files.
- Linguistic: verifies proper display of characters and diacritical marks,correct grammar, spelling, hyphenation, and consistency of terminology.
- Cosmetic: checks for overlapping commands, truncated strings, dialog box size and layout, duplicate index entries or hot keys.
- Functionality Test: ensures that all commands function properly in the localized version(s) of the software.
Localization kit includes
- Files containing parsed text segments for translation
- Style guides, language conventions and applicable checklists
- Scheduling information
- Source language screen shots for reference
- Special instructions
Software localization tools assist translators and language engineers.
CAT tools greatly simplify and accelerate the translation of user interfaces and eliminate the need for programming experience on the part of the translators. InterSol uses software localization tools to directly handle a large number of software-specific file formats, including executable programs, resource files, and XML-based files. Text strings can be translated into numerous languages, including Asian languages (Unicode) and right-to-left scripts like Hebrew and Arabic.Read more